Monday, April 18, 2011

Lesson 16 Ad Reflection


Ad for Stockholms Hundforum (Daytime dog care)

This is a humorous advertisement for a daytime dog care company. Its tagline is "What's your dog up to when it's home alone?" The ad portrays a dog doing a "bad" thing and makes dog owners think what bad thing could my dog be doing while I am gone, could my dog be messing up the furniture, attacking the fridge, or many other "bad" things. The ad personifies the dog in a funny way. The eyes are automatically directed to the dog in the middle of the ad and what he is looking at on the computer. It is effective in making dog owners think about leaving their dog home alone because of the bad things it could be doing. I would make the logo and tagline a little larger in this ad. Overall the design is very effective and funny. The ad would make me stop and look if I was flipping though a magazine because it is so unique. This would be an image/lifestyle advertisement, it is directed towards people that own dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment